Fuck getting along
At work everyone has their clique and seating arrangements. We all know who likes to sit in which desk though technically its first come. Each row has their own group dynamic. You try to save seats for who you want to spend the next 8 hrs sitting with. So when someone who doesn't normally sit in the row decides to saunter over and sit, the whole day is thrown off. Then someone from your row has to sit in someone elses row and that rows group is altered. God forbid we interact with other people at work. I personally am bad for this. I don't want to make small talk with other rows it's too much efffort. I don't even know their names..I know where they sit though.
I'm not sure if it's because there is a generation gap between day and evening.. The day shift is primarily older women. The working moms who talk about their kids, and gossip about whats going on. I decided I will never work day shift at my work place. I would go mad. I'm way to vocal and would get my ass kicked. However everyone is prone to be loyal to their shift. If I was forced on day shift I would suddenly find faults about midnight and afternoons i'm sure. I wasn't going anywhere with this, just pointing it out. I'd make some blaise comment about how we should work on getting along or getting to know the people you work with.... but wheres the fun in that...fuck getting along.
On another note, I worked the day shift one day and it reaked of perfume. Is there an age you reach that you decide you smell, feeling the need to throw loads and loads of scented oil or products on yourself? I walked from one end of the building to the other and my nose was accosted with 10 different potent perfumes. If you know the exact age please notify me so I can avoid this stage of my life...thanks
I'm not sure if it's because there is a generation gap between day and evening.. The day shift is primarily older women. The working moms who talk about their kids, and gossip about whats going on. I decided I will never work day shift at my work place. I would go mad. I'm way to vocal and would get my ass kicked. However everyone is prone to be loyal to their shift. If I was forced on day shift I would suddenly find faults about midnight and afternoons i'm sure. I wasn't going anywhere with this, just pointing it out. I'd make some blaise comment about how we should work on getting along or getting to know the people you work with.... but wheres the fun in that...fuck getting along.
On another note, I worked the day shift one day and it reaked of perfume. Is there an age you reach that you decide you smell, feeling the need to throw loads and loads of scented oil or products on yourself? I walked from one end of the building to the other and my nose was accosted with 10 different potent perfumes. If you know the exact age please notify me so I can avoid this stage of my life...thanks

3 Comments:
I've got nothing to say. Just wanted to comment that now I have my own blog & you bitches better check it out!!
try this
Welcome to work from hell, the shift are all different, you have to work with it, and change rows everyone is doing the same job, I know that place inside and out, make friends with everyone so that if someone should bad mouth you, you friends will stick up for you, also learn there fucking names people want to talk to each other.
Post a Comment
<< Home