Suspense blows
I hate suspense. I just finished watching Alias. Stupid CBS makes their shows run 5 mins over the allotted time. So when recording you miss the last 5 mins. There was like a big dramatic ending where their panning the camera over to reveal someone you wouldn't suspect and the tape ends. I was livid. Funny how something so small can get you instantly furious. I immediately called Michael because he's still up at 1am and made him watch the last 2 mins and tell me who it was.
I'm tired of being broke. I looked at my budget and there is no way I'm going to be able to buy a condo or anything for that matter ever, at the current wage I'm at. I have two choices really. Go back to school for something.. I'm not sure what. Or leave the job I love and go back to the floor. I can suck it up. I actually liked the floor really. I can be permanent with benefits rather then this contract shit. I was informed today that I will be made permanent but they don't know when. I've waited 6 months. Been on contract for 10. People that started after me have benefits with better pay.
I however would not get weekends off. Which would kinda suck for the summer. I also would not get to see Jim, Sabby and Sean nearly as much. However I would spend less money. I chose to stay in data based on enjoying my work, being with "the clique" and having weekends off. Well I'm further in debt then when I DID pay rent. I had a blast though. Financially it would be better for me to go back to the floor. I'm gonna hold out till our Banff weekend in June. Then I think I might actually leave.
Sucks having to grow up. I'm gonna talk to the HR chick and see if I can even get permanent or if there's positions available. I'll take afternoons or midnights. Midnights you get 3 days off..But afternoons you can go out after work and still party on the weekends... I'll wait for that dilemma later. Unless I hear something concrete by the middle of June I'm done. *sniff* The plus side is I'm pretty sure Sabby has decided the same. You cant expect people to be patient when they're making no head way. With no hope for advancement or raises. I feel bad that they cant get there budget but I can't wait much longer.
Really this was me working it out and deciding something. It's apparently already decided. If I cant get on the floor then I'm leaving the company. I cant put my life on hold waiting for something to come my way. I've done that forever it seems. Besides the supervisor mentioned getting the actions done by end of April is his goal...And the end of April is when our contract is up. Coincidence probably not. No more over time is what pushed my decision. I need to get my shit together and do something. I'm bored with where I am.
On the plus side I'm feeling social again. I had coffee with T tonight. HAPPY B-DAY T!!! She's always enjoyable to talk to, besides she laughs at my jokes. You have to love people that make you feel funny. I'm looking forward to Saturday. YAY for drunken girls night (with Jim). Unfortunately he will see me at my worst. I always dance on speakers and make out with some guy every time I go. There's drunk Amanda, then there's drunk Amanda at the Alley. Two totally different people. Oh well. I'm off to sleep.
I'm tired of being broke. I looked at my budget and there is no way I'm going to be able to buy a condo or anything for that matter ever, at the current wage I'm at. I have two choices really. Go back to school for something.. I'm not sure what. Or leave the job I love and go back to the floor. I can suck it up. I actually liked the floor really. I can be permanent with benefits rather then this contract shit. I was informed today that I will be made permanent but they don't know when. I've waited 6 months. Been on contract for 10. People that started after me have benefits with better pay.
I however would not get weekends off. Which would kinda suck for the summer. I also would not get to see Jim, Sabby and Sean nearly as much. However I would spend less money. I chose to stay in data based on enjoying my work, being with "the clique" and having weekends off. Well I'm further in debt then when I DID pay rent. I had a blast though. Financially it would be better for me to go back to the floor. I'm gonna hold out till our Banff weekend in June. Then I think I might actually leave.
Sucks having to grow up. I'm gonna talk to the HR chick and see if I can even get permanent or if there's positions available. I'll take afternoons or midnights. Midnights you get 3 days off..But afternoons you can go out after work and still party on the weekends... I'll wait for that dilemma later. Unless I hear something concrete by the middle of June I'm done. *sniff* The plus side is I'm pretty sure Sabby has decided the same. You cant expect people to be patient when they're making no head way. With no hope for advancement or raises. I feel bad that they cant get there budget but I can't wait much longer.
Really this was me working it out and deciding something. It's apparently already decided. If I cant get on the floor then I'm leaving the company. I cant put my life on hold waiting for something to come my way. I've done that forever it seems. Besides the supervisor mentioned getting the actions done by end of April is his goal...And the end of April is when our contract is up. Coincidence probably not. No more over time is what pushed my decision. I need to get my shit together and do something. I'm bored with where I am.
On the plus side I'm feeling social again. I had coffee with T tonight. HAPPY B-DAY T!!! She's always enjoyable to talk to, besides she laughs at my jokes. You have to love people that make you feel funny. I'm looking forward to Saturday. YAY for drunken girls night (with Jim). Unfortunately he will see me at my worst. I always dance on speakers and make out with some guy every time I go. There's drunk Amanda, then there's drunk Amanda at the Alley. Two totally different people. Oh well. I'm off to sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home