Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Fuck I told you so's

Hmm when you write a title to your post it brings up all the other titles starting with the letter. That's quite a few Fuck beginnings....Maybe I swear to much.. nah that's crazy talk. Anyways I'm almost done shopping. Really I haven't actually gone to a mall and bought anyone anything. I've been shopping with others though and usually buy myself something ..That's practically the same thing..Practically. I bought everything through e-bay and the only things I actually have to leave my house for are gift certificates. I have to make ONE mall trip and that's it. I'm very proud and Christmas shoppers everywhere are safer because I'm not in the mall.

My rant: Ever look at teenagers and realize how naive they are? I realize how much I didn't know when I was in my teens. You think you know everything when younger. Funny thing is I can't even specify what I've learned. I'm certainly not any more educated. I'd say I've learned a lot through experience. Even that though, I can't think of things I've experienced and learned from. So why is it then when I look at even 20 yr olds I think they have so much to learn? When I'm 30 I'm going to look at people my age now and think they have so much to learn. Really where is all this phantom knowledge that I feel I've acquired coming from?

Not that I'm talking about a specific incident because there are so so many I can't even name any. But god damn it...It's so sad how right my mother is. She tells me things that I should and shouldn't do and predicts the out come. Sweet Jesus she has not been wrong on a fuckin one. Yet I insist on doing it anyways. I should just listen to her and learn that she is right, rather then do it and learn that I was wrong. Seriously...Why do we repeat everything others already know and have shown or said to us? Are we that mentally deficient. It would have saved so much time and also the I told you so's. How frustrating it must be for her to watch me do things that she knows the out come years in advance. I know I've talked to a friends daughter and was trying to tell her something about life and she would have nothing to do with me. Now two years later she learned it but think of all the things she could have been doing instead for those two years. Why do we have to learn through experience and not just believe what others say?
That's my ramble for today. How infuriating it must be to be older and watch everyone around you repeat all the errors you've already made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home